The Cook position performs as an informal leader among its peer kitchen positions. The Cook will
assume grill or line responsibilities within the kitchen requiring detail and creativity and will perform
responsibilities for food preparation that require a greater level of experience and expertise than other kitchen staff.
The Cook will contribute to Lyfe Kitchen’s operational and financial success by following all Lyfe Kitchen
culinary standards for sanitation and preparation, and by guiding other staff members to ensure
that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to
maximize food revenues.
Major Responsibility: Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked in a timely, accurate,
consistent and quality manner.
- Set up and stock station and ensure other work areas are stocked accordingly, as directed by General Manager.
- Utilize proper recipes, equipment, tools and utensils.
- Adhere to company standards for food quality, taste, flavor and presentation.
- Ensure that food is portioned and presented according to standards, as well as guest specifications and preferences; Inspect portions and appearance of food prepared by other staff members, as directed by General Manager to ensure consistent adherence to Lyfe Kitchen standards for food quality.
- Ensure all products are prepared, held and served at correct temperatures.
- Work in collaboration with other unit team members to achieve operational objectives; Assist in training fellow staff members, as directed by General Manager.
- Participate and assist in coordinating the flow of work within the restaurant to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Wash and dry hands frequently.
- Utilize box cutters for opening boxes and ensure proper usage and storage of knives.
- Utilize proper lifting procedures; Use a hand truck or cart to transport large items and ask for assistance when necessary.
- Do not move too quickly or run through kitchen areas.
- Move cautiously near corners and when carrying things; Report any blind corners, problem floor surfaces, or hazardous areas.
- Ensure the proper storage, rotation, labeling and dating of all products.
- Serve as an example for keeping work areas clean, sanitized and organized.
- Follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Follow all OSHA guidelines, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HAACP) guidelines, ServSafe guidelines, and Personal Protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Monitor and comply with established Lyfe Kitchen standards for safe usage of kitchen equipment and general safe work practices.